otp in passmenu

Kenny Evitt kenny.evitt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 19:59:13 UTC 2021

I suspect Gildásio used "demand" but meant "request". Nothing else in
their email implies that they're 'demanding' anything from Jason, the
maintainer, or anyone else.

I think it might be reasonable for people to seriously consider
forking Pass. No one's obligated to do anything. But no one's
obligated to refrain from changing Pass, or refrain from sharing those
changes either.

(I'd strongly suggest picking a new distinctive name, or at least a
distinctive variation on "pass" or "password store".)

I suspect Jason considers Pass mostly complete as-is. And that's fine!
I mostly agree with that myself. My own previous patches were never
accepted, and Jason had good reasons for doing so.

But it's frustrating not having patches accepted, or running one's own
custom private 'fork'. If people want to make changes useful to them,
and share those changes with others, then a fork could make sense.
(It's a lot of work tho!)