otp in passmenu

Oliver Ford dev.git.password-store at ojford.com
Sun Apr 11 22:24:38 UTC 2021

> I suspect Gildásio used "demand" but meant "request". Nothing else in
> their email implies that they're 'demanding' anything from Jason, the
> maintainer, or anyone else.

Hear hear. I didn't think I was reading too charitably in assuming a translation quirk. I know I do a far worse job of trying to speak any non-English languages than that.

> I think it might be reasonable for people to seriously consider
> forking Pass. [etc.]

Those desiring a version of pass that's more, how should I put it, 'continually iterated on', might consider 'gopass':

https://github.com/gopasspw/gopass

It's a re-write rather than an actual fork, but it aims for pass-compatibility and is already (~4k 'stars') popular. I've no affiliation (perhaps some trivial patch), and perhaps there's a good reason (?) to prefer a true fork/a bash script (ok it's truer to the front and centre Unix philosophy adhered to by pass I suppose) in which case this isn't that.

If the most important thing to you in 'pass' is a new feature though, I think it's considerably more likely 'over there'.

--
  Oliver Ford
  dev.git.password-store at ojford.com