Problems in the macOS Terminal app with `pass show -c some/password`?

Kenny Evitt kenny.evitt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 23:55:38 UTC 2021

I installed `pass` via Homebrew – version `v1.7.4`.

I'm setting-up a new Mac (macOS 12.0.1) and I've noticed a weird
problem with the (macOS included) Terminal app whenever I use the
`pass show -c ...` command.

It _seems_ like maybe the 'clip' program that's being used doesn't
work well with the (new?) version of the Terminal app – or something
along those lines.

After I run `show -c` commands (which works), the "Copied ... to
clipboard" messages 'clobbers' the shell prompt and then further input
doesn't _visibly_ work – I can type and maybe (?) run commands, but
the command seems to be 'erased' after I run it (i.e. hit Enter) and
no output is visible in the shell. I'd _guess_ somehow the same 'line'
of the shell output/history is being repeatedly overwritten.

Any ideas?