[feature suggestion] copy one line, print the rest

Tobias Girstmair t-passwd at girst.at
Fri Jan 8 08:25:22 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jan 08, 2021 at 01:16:00AM +0100, jman wrote:
>I think you can achieve this with a short script, something along this
>idea:
>
>$ cat pass.sh
>#!/bin/sh
>pass -c $1
>pass $1 | tail -n +2

having this feature in pass, would allow it to be handled in a single
call to gpg.
your script (and the current "manual" approach) requires two
decryptions. with a physical token, that's very slow.  my gnupg card
takes 3 seconds for a single dectyption:

~ $ time pass show git
hunter2
pass show git  0.02s user 0.03s system 1% cpu 3.105 total