[feature suggestion] copy one line, print the rest

John Gliksberg jg.trosh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 09:18:24 UTC 2021

> It would often be handy for me if there was an option to copy the first
line to the clipboard and print all other lines.

I've been using a --type-and-copy extra option to passmenu I posted on
this mailing list a couple of years ago.

After trying to patch using weird mechanisms for a long time, I
decided have an unmaintained fork of password-store just to have a
patched passmenu for this purpose:
https://github.com/trosh/password-store/blob/master/contrib/dmenu/passmenu

Hopefully it's of help to someone.

It only types the second line (expecting it to be the username, with
other lines available for extra content), and it does require two
decodes.
The latter might be easy-ish to reduce to 1 decode with a temporary
named stream + tee or something.

--
John Gliksberg