How to encrypt the file names

Max Görner max+passwordstore at familie-goerner.eu
Mon Mar 8 20:06:07 UTC 2021

Dear password-store collaborators,

first I want to thank you for the great password manager. I use it
extensively, even in Bash aliases and enjoy its great user interface.

However, one issue is nagging me since I noticed it. Its that the entire
password structure is unencrypted. While the content of the files is
encrypted, the file names itself are not. I strongly dislike this leakage of
information. Now everyone who can access the repository can see which bank I
use, which servers I maintain and some of the websites I surf.

Probably the least invasive option would be to encrypt the names of the files
and the folders. Unfortunately, I could not find how to get a short one-line
encryption using GPG.

Has someone considered this information leak and could point me to a
discussion?
Does someone know how to implement a one-line encryption? I would like to try
out to implement that and maybe contribute the feature back to password-store.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely

Max Görner