Bash Completion on Mac

Jamie Couture jamie.couture at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 13:01:54 UTC 2022

Hi Brian,

Depending on your preferences, you have a couple options to install
pass.  Jens provided a MacPorts option.  I'll expand on that to
provide some other options for you:

Assuming you install through homebrew, you can update FPATH and make
sure compinit is loaded; try the following to your .zshrc:

FPATH=$(brew --prefix)/share/zsh/site-functions:$FPATH
command -v compinit &>/dev/null || autoload -U compinit && compinit

If you manually installed pass, you'll update $FPATH similarly, but
point it to your repo's path or copy it manually somewhere in onf of
the usual FPATH directories.
Make sure compinit is called, then you should be fine.

If you use oh-my-zsh, you can specify the pass plugin; however,
without all that overhead the above should get you on the right track.

Regards,

Jamie