columnar pass list terminal output

Edward Kamau emk.mymail at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 03:33:49 UTC 2022

Hi,
I'm wondering if there is a way to get pass to display the password
tree in multiple columns across a terminal rather than in a single one
straight down. The current behavior leads to a lot of scrolling when
you have many passwords. I've looked around and can't find any way or
an extension to do that.
Alternatively and perhaps better would be pass integration with the ls
shell command so that you can do 'pass ls -C' for example and get
columnar output. It would also be nice to be able to list just the
categories (directories in .password-store) without the passwords.
If there is no way, currently, to do this perhaps any devs who see
this might consider it a feature request :-)

thanks for what is one of the most useful tools on my computer!

Edward