columnar pass list terminal output

Matt Connell matt at connell.tech
Mon Dec 5 13:56:17 UTC 2022

On Sun, 2022-12-04 at 22:33 -0500, Edward Kamau wrote:
> a lot of scrolling when you have many passwords.

If you're trying to find something in particular, you can use `pass
find` and even `pass grep` if you need to search file contents.  This
seems faster and easier to me as opposed to visually searching, but
maybe my eyes aren't so quick anymore.

> It would also be nice to be able to list just the
> categories (directories in .password-store) without the passwords.

This is easy with the find command, from your shell:

find .password_store -type d