Changing encryption backend (discussion)

Dacoda Strack dacoda.strack at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 23:49:26 UTC 2023

On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 04:13:37PM +0100, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
> as far as I can tell, age(1) has absolutely no concept which can replace
> web-of-trust (key management in general is ad-hoc), so at this time it is
> not really appropriate as a PGP replacement.

I'm curious. Does pass really rely on the entire web-of-trust model that
PGP has? For pass in particular, web-of-trust doesn't appear
particularly applicable if you're using it for your own personal
password management.

Are there use cases of yours where web-of-trust does come into play?

Would love to understand and learn more.

Thanks,
Dacoda Strack