Can you use pass as/with system keyring?

jman password-store at city17.xyz
Sun Oct 8 15:57:44 UTC 2023

> pass comes with various integrations/extensions, but I am as of yet unsure how to put the existing pieces together to
> allow any of the following use cases:
>
>     1. Avoid storing plaintext passphrases/keys in wpa_supplicant.conf
>     2. Have applications which expect a "system keychain/keyring" to be present interact with pass

I had investigated some time ago options to use pass as a system
keyring. Didn't find a "ready-to-use" good solution but I had earmarked this
github comment with some experiments in this area:
https://github.com/Nheko-Reborn/nheko/issues/1187#issuecomment-1260802593

(didn't yet got around testing any of them)