Can you use pass as/with system keyring?

Matt Connell matt at connell.tech
Mon Oct 9 13:31:11 UTC 2023

On Sun, 2023-10-08 at 14:10 +0200, Maximilian Winkler wrote:
>     1. Avoid storing plaintext passphrases/keys in wpa_supplicant.conf

I use pass for some VPN setups wherein I use a wrapper script to, in
order:

1. assemble a configuration file, based on a template, with contents
retrieved from pass
2. start the service
3. erase the file

openforticlient and openvpn both tolerate having their configuration
file yoinked while running.  I can't speak for wpa_supplicant, and it
doesn't cover your other use case, but it might be worth a try.