pass-zenity: simple gtk extension

morus morus at missing.bike
Fri Mar 1 23:40:39 UTC 2024

> I'd love to have a popup that uses fzf for matching. Not sure if that's
> possible with zenity. When I type "go" to get my google password, it shows
> my other accounts above my normal one, even though I almost never need
> those. So I have to keep typing "ogle.com/pj" to get to my own. In the
> Terminal I can type "go<tab>pj<tab>" and I'm done.

AFAIK sadly not possible without patching zenity. Best you get is
jumping between all current matches, and how well that works depends on
zenity version - on 3.44 it's arrows and does great job, on 4.* it's
something else and a pain. Try dmenu/rofi scripts instead.

> So if you keep working on it, maybe a feature that sorts by frequency
> of use would be nice.

Doable with a cache, but it probably gets to stay on disk in plaintext
and creates new performance considerations for huge stores. I'd go for
it with a real lang (not bash), but then we also don't need zenity and
it's not pass-zenity anymore.

--
A24D 338A 80EA 7222 E06F
AED9 365E E44F 7671 1D9B