A one-liner GPG passphrase prompt?

codeandfire at yahoo.com codeandfire at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 2 16:40:25 UTC 2024

Hi,

I am a longtime Pass user, and this mail is about just one small complaint that I have with it. Whenever I want to retrieve a password i.e.:

$ pass xyz

gives the password of xyz, the dialog that prompts you to enter your GPG passphrase occupies the full terminal screen. Is it possible to get a simple, one-liner prompt instead of this full screen dialog? Whenever I use SSH, the passphrase prompt is a simple one-liner and I was wondering if the GPG passphrase prompt that Pass uses could be similar.

This is probably a trivial complaint, but I thought I’d post this question since this is something that keeps putting me off, a bit, while using Pass.

I’m new to this mailing list, so apologies in advance if this has been asked before.

Thanks!
Saniya