[PhotoFloat] Happy New Year... and video?

Alex Johnstone alexjj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 06:41:55 CET 2015

Antoine Beaupré anarcat at orangeseeds.org posted this message in Sept.

I've been meaning to look at it but haven't. I presume you could merge his
changes yourself, and this has video support.

---
hi

i still have 7 patchsets waiting to be merged over here.

they are:

 * distutils
 * usage
 * rss
 * obsess
 * video
 * no-google-spyware (merged?)
 * bug-date-unicode

those patches have been thoroughly described back in february. they have
been waiting for over 7 months. during that time, there were significant
changes to the code base, but fearless, I merged all those in here:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/photofloat
.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/anarcat-floatapp-merge

this can be merged with:

git remote add alioth git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/photofloat.git
git merge anarcat-floatapp-merge

i believe those changes are well tested (me and jerome at the very least
are running most or all of those patches) and have been waiting a
painfully long time.

this is not a full rebase, but a merge. a full rebase would imply
rebasing those 7 branches, one at a time. last time I did that, I didn't
get even a code review of those rebases, and the code changed under my
feet.

getting feedback on the ideas, at least, or, lisp forbids, the
implementation would be a welcome change.

a.

On 31 December 2014 at 15:18, Ken D'Ambrosio <ken at jots.org> wrote:

> Hi, all.  I'd been using Gallery for years, but it really feels soooooo
> Web 1.0, and it also appears to have become moribund.  Photofloat looks
> pretty nifty, but I don't see any (mainline) support for video; I saw a
> patch submitted in January, but don't see mention of it in the Git commit
> log.
>
> So:
>
> * Is there even rudimentary support for video?
> * If not, I apologize, but does anyone have a recommendation for a
> photo/video album that feels at least somewhat Web 2.0-ish?
>
> Thanks kindly -- and I truly do hope I can use Photofloat!  It looks
> really, really pretty, and I'd love to be throwing my stuff up on it.
>
> Have a safe and happy New Year!
>
> -Ken

Alex Johnstone
B2452245