[PhotoFloat] Image Rotation

Joachim Tingvold joachim at tingvold.com
Mon Jan 4 13:58:13 CET 2016

On 1 Jan 2016, at 18:56, Stefan Rink wrote:
>> I still don't understand what this does, that image.transpose doesn't
>> do? (in_photo_thumbnail in PhotoAlbum.py).
> The primary problem I see with the sub _thumbnails is that by design
> it
> would rotate only the thumbnails, not the actual image. Please correct
> me,
> if I got that wrongly.

The sub _thumbnails (used by the Photo-class) makes “thumbnails” for
all sizes listed in the thumb_sizes-array (defined in the first line in
the Photo-class section). The second parameter in the tuplet defines if
the thumbnail is squared or not — which is only the case for the
smaller thumbnails used for the album-view. The larger sizes (with the
second tuplet set to ‘False’) are the actual images displayed when
browsing albums.

> Anyhow, I was not aware of that functionality. Seems it did not kick
> in in
> my case, which is why I came up with my solution.
> I shall try to find the time in the next days, to do some debugging
> why
> that happened.

I’ve never had any issues with it, other than a few times with
pictures taken on my iPhone (where the wrong direction was registered
upon taking the picture, hence putting “wrong” information in the
EXIF-data).

--
Joachim