Bug/crash due to date comparison

Martin Kos martin at kos.li
Tue Jan 10 11:07:52 CET 2017

On 09.01.2017 10:57, Chris Green wrote:
> To get the ordering I want I have simply changed the __cmp__
> functions in PhotoAlbum.py to compare filename/path name rather than
> date.  My images are named sequentially (e.g. the tenth slide film I
> took in 1974 has images named p1974_10_01.jpg to p1974_10_36.jpg) so
> this works as I want.  Not all the file dates, nor the EXIF dates
> reflect the actual image date and anyway, in some cases, I don't know
> the actual date.

Chris, I would be interested in that "patch" too. (or even as command
line option). I have my files named similiarly, and in most cases the
EXIF date & file timestamp are set by jhead, but in some cases, and
especially for folders, the timestamps are wrong, but the folder name
would sort it the right way.

> Lovely program, I ran it against my whole images tree (30k images)
> yesterday and eveything is just as I want.

I like photofloat very much too and would like too see it evolve and
e.g. be used for NextCloud photo gallery (or at least the simple but
efficient concept with the json/javascript/single html page).

Kind regards
 Martin
--
Martin Kos                                       +41-76-384-93-33
http://kos.li        Say NO to HTML in mail         ICQ# 13556143