Multicast over a wireguard link?

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Tue Dec 20 19:22:40 CET 2016

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 7:19 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
> Can wireguard handle routed traffic to an endpoint. I.e. if endpoint A
> has address 10.0.0.1/32 and endpoint B has a route 'ip route add
> 10.10.10.1/24 via 10.0.0.1 dev wg0', would the traffic go where it's
> supposed to?

The `via` isn't relavent, since that only functions to determine which
device to send it out of. All the ordinary routing table will do is
direct it toward wg0. Once it hits wg0, then the allowed-ips entries
are consulted to see where to send it (the "cryptokey routing table").
See sections 2 and 3 of [1].

[1] https://www.wireguard.io/papers/wireguard.pdf