[WireGuard] Can WireGuard be adopted for older kernels?

Jason A. Donenfeld artyom.h31 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 00:46:01 CEST 2016

I'm trying to run WireGuard on a single board computer (ODROID C1).
It's not a problem to modify a board's kernel code, however the chip
manufacturer (Amlogic) is focused on Android and will very unlikely
release a newer kernel for this board.

A userspace version is not an option because of a huge performance
penalty of userspace tunnels. It will certainly be slower than IPsec,
and performance is especially important for embedded devices.

A small offtopic: why have you chosen to use Rust for a userspace
version and not C or C++? In the latter case you have an option to
reuse some code from the kernel version.

В Вторник, 5 июл. 2016 в 1:10 , Jason A. Donenfeld