[WireGuard] The Distro Package Maintainers Thread

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Tue Jul 5 21:05:35 CEST 2016

Phillip Smith <fukawi2 at gmail.com> on Tue, 2016/07/05 11:15:
> > Have you got a better suggestion for a "command"? What do you prefer
> > to yaourt for installing AUR packages?
>
> There isn't really a single official command for installing from the
> AUR. It is assumed the user has an understanding of the AUR process,
> and tools like yaourt are unofficial third-party utilities.
> A bare minimum of commands to do it manually would be something like:
>     git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/wireguard-dkms.git && cd
> wireguard-dkms makepkg -is
>     cd ..
>     git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/wireguard-tools.git && cd
> wireguard-dkms makepkg -is

This is a split package, so you should be fine with:

git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/wireguard.git
cd wireguard
makepkg -is

This requires pacman to be granted permissions by su or sudo, though.
How about splitting the install?

git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/wireguard.git
cd wireguard
makepkg

And with root privileges:

pacman -U wireguard-dkms-*.pkg.tar.xz wireguard-tools-*.pkg.tar.xz

--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Best regards             my address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)