[WireGuard] Comments on wgserver.service

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jul 6 17:47:15 CEST 2016

On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 17:22:57 +0200,
  "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
>> Potentially I could get involved with packing wg on Fedora, but there isn't
>> much point until the kernel part is upstream.
>
>Actually Fedora has quite a few modules in packages that aren't
>upstream. They use dkms or akmod.

I thought those usually end up in rpmfusion, copr or other external repos,
rather than Fedora proper.

I'd still like to see if it is going to land upstream. Even if it ends up
in 4.9, it'd probably be simpler to just wait and package the wg part
when the kernel part is included with the Fedora kernel. If upstream declines
merging it, then things would be different as we'd need to use dkms or akmod
to make the packages easy to use.