[WireGuard] Client changes endpoint port, why?

Jan De Landtsheer jan at incubaid.com
Thu Jul 7 14:53:24 CEST 2016

  - about changing ports:
hmmm. can't really say...
What I noticed: I could ping yesterday, without doing anything, I couldn't
this morning. that's when I saw the difference.
I had something like it yesterday, and thinking I did something wrong, I
set it in stone in a config file. applied it, had my ping, kept the
terminal session on the server open (had also an openvpn to the remote).
This morning, from the remote , there was no ping. Verified why. And then I
sent this mail ;-)

Note: it's properly up since, so I don't know...
I'll keep it as it is, will let you know if something switches again.
Note2: No, no different peers, there is only one client, one server, so
there wouldn't be any overlap.

running arch linux, latest & geatest

  - about something else:
are these pure ip  tunnels, or could I envision to add the interfaces to an
OpenVSwitch bridge and use them as tunnel ports?

Thx
Jan