[WireGuard] The Distro Package Maintainers Thread

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Wed Jul 13 18:35:57 CEST 2016

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 4:29 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:

> However, it might be easiest to simply use network namespaces and run all
> this locally. I'm about to take an airplane; I'll create a 'make test' that
> does this. Then you could just incorporate calling that into your build
> system; would that work for you?

I did it!

$ make test

Will now execute src/test.sh.

This script tries several things:

- Module insertion, which, in debug mode, does internal kernel tests
of algorithms.
- ICMP in v4 over v4
- ICMP in v4 over v6
- ICMP in v6 over v4
- ICMP in v6 over v6
- TCP in v4 over v4
- TCP in v4 over v6
- TCP in v6 over v4
- TCP in v6 over v6
- UDP in v4 over v4
- UDP in v4 over v6
- UDP in v6 over v4
- UDP in v6 over v6

It uses network namespaces and seems to work quite well. If the exit
status is 0, tests were successful. It is still quite basic, but will
be gradually expanded over time. I welcome patches for it.

https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/tree/src/test.sh