[WireGuard] The Distro Package Maintainers Thread

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Wed Jul 13 18:49:46 CEST 2016

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 06:42:57PM +0200, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> On Jul 13, 2016 6:35 PM, "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
> > I did it!
> >
> > $ make test
> >
> > Will now execute src/test.sh.

Nice!

> If it turns out the test phase of the debian package build process isn't
> permitted to do these things, we can always experiment with running this in
> qemu or UML... the tests are entirely self-contained.

Good point: since the test must be run as root, I anticipate this will be
annoying for packagers: builds are performed as simple user, with no sudo
access (and obviously no *passwordless* sudo access).  At least that's how
it works for Arch and OpenWRT.

Anyway, it's probably a bad idea to muck with the kernel of the building
host, and it's not even possible when cross-compiling.