[WireGuard] Using wireguard link as a proxy?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Jul 22 13:32:12 CEST 2016

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 11:32:11 +0200,
  Baptiste Jonglez <baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org> wrote:

>Ok, excellent!  Wireguard really doesn't care or even know about the
>source NAT you may apply on the server (well, at least when thinking about
>it at a high level).

I got this working now. I need to work a bit on setting up the routing
so it comes up correctly at boot without manually issuing ip commands.

What I am trying to experiment with is increase privacy on an upcoming trip
where I will be using a laptop on hotel wifi and I want to route all traffic
through my home server via a wireguard tunnel. Depending on how they do their
wifi I may need to do some tweaks to be able to authenticate.

Later I may have use for a similar, but more restricted, set up to help me
work from home. I need to be careful not to open up unintended holes when
I do that.