[WireGuard] Using wireguard link as a proxy?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Jul 22 17:14:58 CEST 2016

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 14:42:52 +0200,
  "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
>I usually do something like:
>
>wg set wg0 peer ABCD allowed-ips 0.0.0.0/0
>ip route add 0/1 dev wg0
>ip route add 128/1 dev wg0

The idea I am working on now is to use policy writing and rules, so that
packets sent to the proxy server are routed using the normal routing
table which includes the default route supplied by dhcp, but eveything
else (well not 127/8) uses an alternate routing table that has a default
route through wg0. This way I can use a fixed set up and not have to
parse the routing info setup after a wireless connection is made.

I need to do some reading to get the details for creating routing tables
and rules for picking them, but expect this will work.