[Wireguard] [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Launched!

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Tue Jun 28 16:46:58 CEST 2016

Hi Folks,

At long last, the WireGuard project is launched! It's been a very long
road, but at this point I feel confident enough in the general design
and protocol that it's time to open this up for more widespread
testing and feedback. I'm quite excited about hearing from you about
it, and I apologize to all of you who had to wait so long since
hearing about the project.

Paper: https://www.wireguard.io/papers/wireguard.pdf
Website: https://www.wireguard.io/
Git repository: https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/

For those who don't know, WireGuard is a next generation kernel-space
VPN, which uses state of the art crypto -- in part based on Noise --
and achieves really nice performance. It's also extremely simple, at
less than 4000 lines of core code, and introduces "crypto key
routing", a super simple correlation between allowed IPs and public
key identities. It should be as simple to setup as SSH's
authorized_keys. I'm cross-posting this to the Noise mailing list,
because that's where much of the crypto discussion for WireGuard has
occurred. (During development, WireGuard actually implemented *every
single solitary* revision of Noise, following every thread of
discussion by an implementation; it's necessary then the first and
oldest implementation of Noise.)

I'm excited to hear your feedback, and to work with you in ironing out
any issues that come up, fine tuning performance, and so forth.