[WireGuard] [noise] [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Launched!

Trevor Perrin trevp at trevp.net
Wed Jun 29 01:12:13 CEST 2016

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 7:46 AM, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:

> At long last, the WireGuard project is launched! It's been a very long
> road, but at this point I feel confident enough in the general design
> and protocol that it's time to open this up for more widespread
> testing and feedback.

Very cool, that's a lot of good work, and nice docs.

Are you finding it easy(er) to justify HKDF, yet, instead of something
more custom? :-)

A few editorial things (https://www.wireguard.io/protocol/)

 * You should link the Noise website (which has nicer PDF/HTML specs)
instead of the Github source (the markdown was written for Pandoc
instead of Github flavor, so has some glitches in Github view).

 * You could omit the first "initiator.key = HMAC" call in processing
the initial message with PSK, as that key isn't used.

 * You could omit the first two "responder.key = HMAC" calls in
processing the response message, as that key isn't used.

Trevor