[WireGuard] Hosting Companies with Dishonest CPUID [Was: Re: Seeking Ubuntu PPA Maintainer]

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Wed Nov 16 15:14:50 CET 2016

Hey Egbert,

I'm glad that my avx2disabler module worked for you. I believe it
would be in your interest to pressure the hosting provider into either
reenabling AVX, or fixing their CPUID to report correct information.
CPUID is the kernel's only means of judging capabilities, and if the
[virtual] hardware lies, it is impossible to make a reliable operating
system.

Jason