Latest Gentoo WireGuard Ebuilds Doesn't Work

Konstantin konstantin at ltmd.net
Tue Aug 8 02:17:26 CEST 2017

Hi guys,

I have issues upgrading WireGuard on my Gentoo servers. I tried
different kernels and latest WireGuard versions without any luck.

When I type wg command I got only the "interface" portion:

interface: wg0
   public key: PUkm5fRn25hbv9Zh2tetny3tV3l9WnbxvIFeZTSd9BM=
   private key: (hidden)
   listening port: 58800

without any peer block below.

Latest WireGuard version that still works for me was 0.0.20170214 but I
can't find these sources anymore and I need to upgrade to a new kernel.

According to kernel requirements (here
https://www.wireguard.com/install/#kernel-requirements
  ) I understand that need to have a certain options enables.

My current kernel 4.9.34 config has:
CONFIG_NET=y
CONFIG_INET=y
CONFIG_NET_UDP_TUNNEL=m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_BLKCIPHER=m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_BLKCIPHER2=y
CONFIG_PADATA=y

Yes, some of these modules are not built-in but I had it the same way
earlier when it worked with kernel 4.4.39.

When I'm loading the wireguard.ko module and setting wg interface
configuration I don't see any error but not even a single packet leaves
a server interface towards the peer. What am I missing here? How can I
debug it?

Thank you.

--
BR,