34C3 - WireGuard Workshop?

Markus Lindenberg markus at lindenberg.io
Wed Dec 20 17:40:23 CET 2017

Hi Jason,

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 07:52:42PM +0100, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:

> I'll be at 34C3. Is there any interest in having some sort of
> WireGuard workshop? Are there things to talk about it? Would this be
> fun or interesting? How many people would be interested in such a
> thing?

I (and I guess others in the Freifunk realm) would be interested in how
to use WireGuard for open mesh networks, there are some unique problems
here (like running l3 mesh routing or l2 mesh routing protocols inside l2
tunnels inside wireguard; multicast; provisioning tunnels when only one
party is trusted, ...). The interest in and visibility of Wireguard is
quite high in our community, although I'm not familiar with the latest
developments in the most used wifi mesh firmware (Gluon based on Lede),
but I guess Gluon/Lede devs will be present.

If you need a place for a workshop I'm sure you'd be welcome at the
workshop space or stage of the Open Infrastructure Orbit:

https://events.ccc.de/congress/2017/wiki/index.php/Cluster:Open_Infrastructure_Orbit

> PS: still trying to work out hotel arrangements, if anybody knows any
> Leipzig tricks.

Surplus hotel rooms are posted on this page:

https://events.ccc.de/congress/2017/wiki/index.php/HotelExchange