udp auth/encryption in userspace

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 17:08:35 CET 2017

I am curious if any pre-existing code exists for using wireguard like
methods over udp in userspace? Most of the examples for libsodium, etc
are all tcp based. A daemon I'm trying to spec need to run at early
boot (where the clock is wrong and might be slewed forward at any
time), and can't hang. Bonus points if the libs required are small...

(It would be kind of neat if there was a way to push all the needed
crypto into kernelspace and just hand the daemon the decoded packet)

--
Dave Täht
http://blog.cerowrt.org