VXLAN

info info at florianb.space
Sun Feb 12 22:07:36 CET 2017

Hello,
I would love to use VXLANs for my network to separate stuff, although I'm a bit struggling. My topology looks like this:
VM A --> AMSTERDAM -> FRANKFURT -> VIENNA --> VM B
'->' indicates a Wireguard tunnel'-->' is a physical link
Actually I'm configuring a VXLAN Interface in AMSTERDAM and VIENNA, with the tunnel IPs as remote/local.
Anyway, somehow I'm facing a strange issue here. VM A and VM B can ping each other already, although nothing else works. I cannot do curl/wget between the VMs nor iperf, etc.
Do you know if my topology above should work? VM A can reach VM B without VXLAN just fine over the other hops, as well AMSTERDAM and VIENNA can reach each other fully.
No firewall enabled nor anything else. Allowed-IPs is 0.0.0.0/0,::/0 on all tunnels.
My guess was that this is somewhat MTU related, tried 1200 on the VXLAN interfaces - no difference.