Multiple Endpoints

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sun Jan 8 23:19:53 CET 2017

On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 3:39 PM, Jörg Thalheim <joerg at higgsboson.tk> wrote:
>> I am also interested in multiple endpoints support, and I am preparing a
>> proposal that I will send soon.
>>

> Does your proposal also includes support for different address family? (switch between ipv4/ipv6 and back)

So presumably what's needed is someway to specify multiple endpoints
per peer, and have the handshake retry mechanism cycle through the
list of endpoints, reordering them based on success. This doesn't seem
very difficult or complicated. I'll read some literature to see if
there have been some nice ideas on this in the past (multipath mosh
etc) and also examine whatever it is Baptiste has been cooking up.