problem wireguard + ospf + unconnected tunnels

Roelf "rewbycraft" Wichertjes mailings+wireguard at roelf.org
Tue Jul 4 17:55:48 CEST 2017

 From what you said, I surmise the following setup:
- Three devices, A, B and C.
- A talks ospf to B over wireguard.
- A talks ospf to C over wireguard.
- The connection between A and C has gotten interrupted. (maybe C is a
laptop)
- The error causes the entire ospf process to fail for all interfaces.
   In other words: A will suddenly also stop talking B when the
connection A<->C fails?

If I am correct in that, there are a few things to note:
  - The "No buffer space available" error is normal from wireguard when
an interface cannot reach the peer.
  - A single "failing" interface shouldn't kill the ospf process for all
interfaces.
  - This sounds more like a quagga problem, as I have a similar setup (I
use my laptop for device C in my case) except I use the BIRD routing
daemon instead of quagga (and this setup works fine for me).

Of course, before any definitive conclusions can be made, we'll need a
bit more information. Could you possibly provide us with the following
pieces of information:
  - What distribution are you using?
  - What kernel (version) are you using?
  - What wireguard version are you using?