making wireguard work on RHEL7/etc.

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Tue Jun 27 11:39:06 CEST 2017

On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:25:31 +0100 (BST)
wireguard at wut.to wrote:

> > I wonder - is it a good idea to depend on
> > nonstandard, distribution-specific defines like this? This kind of
> > modification IMHO belongs in a local patch applied during a rpmbuild
> > for a RHEL/Centos package.
>
> I think that depends entirely on if you want it to be easy for users
> to obtain and use your software. If it requires constant patching and
> updates, most people won't bother and will use something else.

Absolutely. I'm not saying these fixes are not needed, I merely
expressed an opinion that their place is not in the main source code,
but rather in a custom patch applied when creating packages for the
affected distribution(s).

Note that I am not in any way speaking for the project or its
developers, I'm just an interested outsider.

Regards,
--
Andrej