Ability to use one udp port for multiple wg interfaces

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Thu May 11 12:30:46 CEST 2017

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 8:28 PM, Damian Kaczkowski
<damian.kaczkowski at gmail.com> wrote:
> True. But I still think that ability to assign multi interfaces to one udp
> port would be handy. Eg when one want to use only specific and limited ports
> (like eg 53) for wireguard but still wants to have more interfaces at one's
> disposal. Possible use case - be able to easily assign and group various
> peers to different interfaces and monitor those interfaces parameters
> (exposed eg by kernel) using monitoring tools capable of collecting various
> information/data and/or plotting graphs like bandwidth, traffic, and so on.
> This info could be later used for analysing or debugging.

No, you're doing it wrong. Those monitoring use cases you mentioned
are already taken care of by the existing design. If you need help
with a particular configuration or setup, you're free to ask about
those particular use cases. But what you've asked so far simply isn't
the WireGuard way of doing things; we offer here a better design than
that.

> Reading through the docs.
>
> I come to scenario where I would like to disable whole allowed-ips thing.

Then either you're doing things horribly wrong, or WireGuard isn't the
tool for you. AllowedIPs is the essential concept.

If you have questions about how to reach a particular goal, we can
help you. But I believe this particular conversation has reached a
dead end.