Compatibiliyt issues between 0.0.20170115 and 0.0.20170517

Jannis Pinter jannis at pinterjann.is
Fri May 19 03:26:54 CEST 2017

Am 19.05.2017 um 02:43 schrieb Jason A. Donenfeld:
> Only use 0.0.20170517.
Thanks! I hoped not up recompile and upgrade my routers firmware, since
I'm currently at the other side of the planet.

Also the new wireguard version is only available for the development
branch of LEDE. The stable branch still runs 0.0.20170115. I'll contact
the LEDE devs regarding that.

> i know we're in early days with wireguard, and there's no guarantee of
> protocol compatibility.  but i wonder whether we should signal
> explicitly when there is an update that requires both sides to upgrade
> at the same time.
>From the user perspective, it would be nice if incompatible versions
were clearly signaled.

Regards,