openresolv dependency

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Mon May 22 03:08:03 CEST 2017

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 3:02 AM, Bzzzz <lazyvirus at gmx.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 May 2017 02:41:13 +0200
> "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
>
> > https://github.com/EggieCode/wireguard-ppa/issues/19
>
> Following your comment, you could flip the resolvconf dependency from
> a mandatory one to a a recommand or even a suggest, with a few comment
> lines into the /usr/share/doc/README.Debian file.

The problem is that I would like to be able to use the -x and -m switches
of resolvconf, which only openresolv has. However, it appears that
openresolv does not work very well out of the box on Ubuntu.

So, I'm not quite sure what I can recommend to Ubuntu users as a reliable
way of setting a per-interface DNS override. Or even what command I could
put in wg-quick to encapsulate that kind of logic.

Any ideas?