roaming and ddns dynamic ip

Lonnie Abelbeck lists at lonnie.abelbeck.com
Wed Nov 22 16:49:33 CET 2017

On Nov 22, 2017, at 6:51 AM, d tbsky <tbskyd at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> This is not a bug. DNS resolution is not done by the WireGuard module,
>> but rather by the configuration tool. If you want to update an IP,
>> you'll need to devise a mechanism for this. One popular one is this
>> example script:
>> https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/tree/contrib/examples/reresolve-dns ,
>> but many other possibilities exist too.
>>
>> Jason
>
> I don't think it's a bug. as you said, that's by design.although it
> means I need other tool to co-maintain the vpn connection.

Jason, question, if each endpoint had PersistentKeepalive enabled, does that update the endpoint addresses via your roaming code ?  Or does actual tunnel data traffic need to occur to update roaming endpoints ?

If PersistentKeepalive updates roaming endpoints, then it would seem to be a very rare situation when both endpoints had an address change within the PersistentKeepalive window.

Lonnie