Bird OSPF Problems

cedric Kienzler cedrickienzler1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 11:26:08 CEST 2018

Hey List,

i'm currently facing issues with OSPF over the wireguard tunnel.

I use both, IPv4 and IPv6 and everything works fine. I can ping through the
tunnel, traffic flows perfectly, but when i try to configure OSPF using the
Bird routing daemon, i didn't even see a HELLO message. Also when trying to
list the interface using 'show ospf interfaces' i didn't even see the
Interface.

For IPv6 i use 2a03.... as prefix.
Should i configure multicast IPv6 (fe80::) on the interface too to get OSPF
working?

Interesting fact: BGB using Bird works just fine.

Anyone here that could help me?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Cedi