On redhat 7.4 wireguard not working

Vikas kedia.vikas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 00:01:13 CEST 2018

Just when I thought it worked here are more problems:

The steps I followed were:

1. wget
https://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/linux/releases/25/Everything/x86_64/os/Packages/i/iproute-4.6.0-1.fc25.x86_64.rpm

2. yum install iproute-4.6.0-1.fc25.x86_64.rpm

I installed from fc25 since rhel7 does not have an upgraded iproute package.

3. After installing the iproute 4.6 I do NOT get the error message:

"Error: argument "suppress_prefixlength" is wrong: Failed to parse rule
type"

4. ifconfig shows the wg0 interface.

5. After approx 2 minutes my ssh connection to the machine over the LAN
(eth0) gets disconnected.

6. When I ssh back in to the machine, ifconfig does not show the wg0
interface.

Please help :(

--
VK

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 2:33 PM, Vikas <kedia.vikas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Jason. Your response is very appreciated along with your work
on the wireguard project.

> 1. Is there a minimum version of iproute2 that is needed?
>
> 2. Can that be mention in the dependency.
>
> 3. I installed from source and from the suggested rpm method at
https://www.wireguard.com/install/ would it be possible to check for
version for iproute2 and fail with a error message,