[ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Snapshot `0.0.20180420` Available

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Fri Apr 20 06:05:17 CEST 2018

Hello,

A new snapshot, `0.0.20180420`, has been tagged in the git repository.

Please note that this snapshot is, like the rest of the project at this point
in time, experimental, and does not consitute a real release that would be
considered secure and bug-free. WireGuard is generally thought to be fairly
stable, and most likely will not crash your computer (though it may).
However, as this is a pre-release snapshot, it comes with no guarantees, and
its security is not yet to be depended on; it is not applicable for CVEs.

With all that said, if you'd like to test this snapshot out, there are a
few relevent changes.

== Changes ==

  * wg-quick: account for specified fwmark in auto routing mode

  If we're doing automatic routing with default routes, but the config has
  also specified an explicit fwmark, then use that explicit fwmark, even
  if it's conflicting, since the administrator has explicitly opted into
  using it. Also, when shutting down the interface, we only now remove the
  fancy rules if we're in automatic routing mode with default routes.

  * send: account for route-based MTU

  It might be that a particular route has a different MTU than the
  interface, via `ip route add ... dev wg0 mtu 1281`, for example. In this
  case, it's important that we don't accidently pad beyond the end of the
  MTU. We accomplish that in this patch by carrying forward the MTU from
  the dst if it exists. We also add a unit test for this issue.

  * send: simplify skb_padding with nice macro
  * blake2s: remove unused helper
  * compat: remove unused dev_recursion_level backport

  Cleanups.

  * poly1305: do not place constants in different sections

  We're referencing these constants as one contiguous blob, so if there's
  any merging that goes on with other constants elsewhere (such as the
  kernel's current poly1305 implementation that we hope to replace), then
  these will be reordered and have the wrong values.

As always, the source is available at https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/ and
information about the project is available at https://www.wireguard.com/ .

This snapshot is available in tarball form here:
  https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/snapshot/WireGuard-0.0.20180420.tar.xz
  SHA2-256: b58cd2acf9e8d3fe9044c06c0056bd74da1f5673a456f011d36eee3f6fb1da16
  BLAKE2b-256: 09a5bfce8df74241899c73fff99d993c4dcc06d6ee35394c2076abff2112587e

If you're a snapshot package maintainer, please bump your package version. If
you're a user, the WireGuard team welcomes any and all feedback on this latest
snapshot.

Finally, WireGuard development thrives on donations. By popular demand, we
have a webpage for this: https://www.wireguard.com/donations/

Thank you,
Jason Donenfeld