wg troubles on ubuntu 14.04, MacOS and iOS

Graham Agnew graham.agnew at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 07:14:39 CET 2018

Hi,

I figured out my multiple peer problem and can now connect both my Mac and iPhone to the Ubuntu server.  I didn’t read the AllowedIPs field description properly and I was thinking about it the wrong way.  In my email below, I was making the mistake of putting 0.0.0.0/0 in the AllowedIPs _on the the server_ which is clearly wrong.  I also had a look through the wg-quick code and now understand more of what it’s doing.

I’m still figuring out how to tunnel all traffic through the server.  If I have the Mac or iPhone with AllowedIPs=0.0.0.0/0 it makes sense to me now, but I can’t connect through to anywhere beyond the Ubuntu server.  I suspect it’s DNS setup stuff…

Cheers,
Gra