Connections dropped after long in-activity

Muhammad Naseer Bhatti nbhatti at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 20:34:56 CET 2018

Hi,
Facing a strange issue with single and sometimes with double NAT with client running Wireguard with the server on Public IP address. If client remains idle for long time (more than 15 minutes) NAT table in the route is dropped for that port combination (at the ISP side) since there is no activity, and Wireguard does not re-establishes the connection or tries to refresh. I am not sure why Keep alives set to 30 seconds not working either since if Keep Alives are set this should not happen.

Is this the desired behavior or am I missing something here?

Thanks.