NetworkManager Plugin

Manuel Schölling manuel.schoelling at gmx.de
Fri Feb 16 16:07:14 CET 2018

Hi,

On Fri, 2018-02-16 at 06:33 +0100, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> I think he's working on some wilder plugin that incorporates his DHT
> stuff, which is a separate effort from Max's. My personal preference
> is getting a lightweight but functional NetworkManager plugin out
> there for users, that doesn't come with the baggage or bells&whistles
> of the DHT. But for people using the DHT work, having the plugin for
> that is undoubtedly useful.

Yeah, I gave that presentation. The plugin I wrote is suppose to work
for both: raw wireguard and my wireguard-p2p solution, that lets you
circumvent the NAT and dyndns problems. I wrote it in Rust because I
really did not go through all the pain with GTK that Max went through
;)

My plugin comes independent of the DHT client (it just communicates
with it via dbus if the DHT client is installed). However, it's written
in Rust, so I don't think that it would be easy to get it accepted
upstream.