Running WireGuard on embedded devices with older kernel versions

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Fri Feb 16 23:27:00 CET 2018

Hi Jacob,

Technically this could be done; there are other ways of hooking into
the networking stack other than the udp tunnel API. However, in
practice, my time is probably spent working for the future rather than
the past. Supporting 26 (!!) versions of Linux, back to 3.10, was
already quite the undertaking... But if you'd like to do this and send
some code upstream, I'll take patches. Take a look at src/compat.h for
some hints on how to proceed.