WireGuard in systemd-networkd

Matthias Urlichs matthias at urlichs.de
Wed Jan 10 09:50:39 CET 2018

On 10.01.2018 08:09, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> The disjunction (A | B) means "if one of A or B is installed, don't bother
> trying to satisfy the other; but if neither is installed, install A".

… unless installing A causes a conflict – then the solver is free to use
B instead.

Given that systemd is installed by default in Debian, a "Suggests:
systemd" is unlikely to be useful for anybody, and an A|B recommendation
also is a no-op for the majority of users.

Instead, I would simply Recommend wg-tools, as they're very useful for
querying or modifying its state even when systemd-networkd manages the
interface.

I would also create a virtual "wireguard" package that directly depends
on wireguard-dkms and wireguard-tools (and Recommends:
networkmanager-wireguard, as soon as that exists). Then, simply instruct
the user to install that.

--
-- Matthias Urlichs