WireGuard in systemd-networkd

Stefan Tatschner rumpelsepp at sevenbyte.org
Thu Jan 11 07:37:49 CET 2018

Hi!

Thanks all for the amazing work here, I am really impressed.

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 11:30 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor
<dkg at fifthhorseman.net> wrote:
> On Wed 2018-01-10 09:50:39 +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
>> I would also create a virtual "wireguard" package that directly depends
>> on wireguard-dkms and wireguard-tools (and Recommends:
>> networkmanager-wireguard, as soon as that exists). Then, simply instruct
>> the user to install that.

Is it really neccessary to recommend an additional tool in the
package? Wireguard can already be integrated in debian's native
network configuration via /etc/network/interfaces:
https://wiki.debian.org/Wireguard

I just do

  # ifup wg0
  # ifdown wg0