Trouble building WireGuard since December releases

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Mon Jan 22 17:07:38 CET 2018

Ahh, small update. When building this, I noticed:

Makefile:944: "Cannot use CONFIG_STACK_VALIDATION=y, please install
libelf-dev, libelf-devel or elfutils-libelf-devel"

After installing libelf-devel, the exact problem you reported
appeared. I then tried this hack:

$ sudo ln -s /bin/true /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build/tools/objtool/objtool

And after, the build worked again. It therefore appears that Solus is
not distributing objtool with their kernel headers, when they should
be.

I opened a bug for your issue, but as I've never used Solus until
today, I won't be following up on it. So, please direct your
distribution to the bug at: https://dev.solus-project.com/T5607 and
see what you can do about helping to get this fixed.

Regards,